Halloween is over. Done. But all that Halloween makeup and face paint may have taken it's toll on your skin?
You want to put your best face forward for all these upcoming festive events! Sooooo, now is the perfect time to share this truly FABULOUS frugal facial that you can do at home!
I learned about it years ago from an aesthetician friend of mine and it cost just pennies! It takes just a few minutes so it's great to do while your baby is napping or after your kids have gone to sleep for the night. All you need is a bowl, some water and some baking soda...YES baking soda! Here goes:
- Shower or steam your face to open up your pores.
- In a small bowl or dish take some baking soda and add some warm water to create a "paste" It should be a little liquid like yet thick (kind of like the texture of porridge).
- Spread the baking soda paste all over your face but AVOID YOUR EYE AREA.
- Wait and let the paste dry on your face. When the paste starts to get cracky it is done. NOTE: If you have very sensitive skin the paste may sting a little but it is the baking soda working.
- Wet your fingertips with warm water and GENTLY roll the baking soda paste around your face the way you would an exfoliating scrub. Again be GENTLE and again AVOID YOUR EYE AREA.
- Rinse your face really well with warm water.
VOILA! You have completed a FABULOUS at home facial. The baking soda paste draws out all the little baby blackheads that are so difficult to remove and when you roll the paste around your face it exfoliates too! I love how clear and how much smaller my pores look after I do this!
What are some of your favorite facial products to use? Share some of your favs!